SPEARMINT TEA RECIPE: INTRO
Skip Ahead To:
Spearmint tea is a refreshing herbal tea that is popular for its strong minty flavor and pleasant scent. Spearmint herbal tea is primarily made with the plant’s leaves, which contains most of the nutritional value of the tea. I have received messages from several readers asking for a Spearmint Tea Recipe. I personally have tried many different kinds of this tea, so I decided to revisit some of my favorites. I have created this post to help readers choose a Spearmint Tea Recipe that is refreshing and easy to follow. There are two free options to choose from below, and both will make a delicious cup of tea!
Feel free to read my Spearmint Tea Benefits to discover some of the positive health impacts of this tea.
Before Starting this Spearmint Tea Recipe
First, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I highly advise you discuss consuming spearmint tea with your doctor or healthcare professional prior to consuming spearmint tea. This specific variety of herbal tea is generally considered safe, but it may interact with certain prescription medications. Consuming at moderate amounts will help reduce any risks, but it is still a good idea to speak with your doctor.
SPEARMINT TEA RECIPE: 2 FREE RECIPES
Please note: This post contains affiliate links. An affiliate link means that we may earn advertising/referral fees if you make a purchase through our links.
Below, I have included 2 different spearmint tea recipes that are delicious, as always, I encourage readers to change the ingredients and amounts to suit their own herbal tea preferences! This can help you discover what you like and what you don’t so you know. If you end up discovering a new delicious method for making this tea, please share it in the Comments section at the bottom of this page. I’ll open this guide with some brands of tea that can be used as the primary ingredient in this amazing herbal tea.
Quality Loose Spearmint Tea
This is the first step to following a Spearmint Tea Recipe and creating a delicious cup of tea. Choosing a quality brand of spearmint tea is essential. Both of these spearmint tea recipes require loose leaf spearmint tea as the primary ingredient. This form of tea is healthier and more fresh than tea bags. I wanted to list one of my favorite brands to help you easily purchase a great brand of loose spearmint leaf. Wild Foods Spearmint Serene is a wonderful tea that is perfect for the recipes I list on this post. These spearmint leaves are very fresh and aromatic, and most people can smell the leaves through the bag.
To view more options, visit my guide of the Best Spearmint Loose Leaf Tea. It includes other loose leaf tea options, and it also includes a few quality tea bag options as well.
MOROCCAN SPEARMINT TEA RECIPE
This variant of spearmint tea, also referred to Moroccan Mint Tea, is a very popular blend of herbal spearmint leaves and traditional green tea. Usually I would try to avoid more traditional teas due to the amount of caffeine in it, this is an herbal tea page after all, but decided to double back on that rue because of how tasty and popular this blend is! The second recipe that I include below does NOT include traditional tea, thus cutting the caffeine content. If you desire a true “herbal” tea, you should choose that recipe instead.
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 2 Tsp Loose Spearmint Leaves, Crushed (use Wild Foods Spearmint above)
- 2 Teaspoons Loose Green Tea Leaves, Crushed
- 2.5 Cups of Water
- 1 tablespoon of Sugar (or to taste)
- Pour Water (2.5 Cups) in your herbal teapot. Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and add the the crushed Spearmint Leaves (2 Teaspoons), crushed Green Tea Leaves (2 Teaspoons), and Sugar (1 Tablespoon) to the infuser section of your teapot.
- Gently stir the liquid section of your teapot and steep on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove teapot from heat and turn off range. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour tea into your desired teacup. If you don’t have an herbal teapot with an infuser, you should pour through a strainer to remove plant pieces. Add additional sugar to taste, if desired.
HTH’s SWEET DOUBLE MINT TEA RECIPE
This Spearmint Tea Recipe makes a true herbal tea, and it does not include caffeine like the Moroccan Mint Tea above. I named this one Double Mint, due to it using a hybrid of peppermint and spearmint leaves to create a completely new minty flavor. This recipe is very flexible, and it can also be served on ice. Before getting started on this recipe, you should crush your spearmint and peppermint leaves.
Ingredients (2 Servings)
- ~5-7 Loose Spearmint Leaves, Crushed
- ~5-7 Loose Peppermint Leaves, Crushed
- 2.5 Cups of Water
- 1 teaspoon of Honey
- 1 tablespoon of Sugar (or to taste)
- Pour Water (2.5 Cups) in your herbal teapot and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and add the crushed Spearmint & Peppermint Leaves, Honey (1 Teaspoon), and Sugar (1 Tablespoon) to the infuser section of your teapot.
- Gently stir the liquid section of your teapot and steep on low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove teapot from heat and turn off range. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Pour tea into your desired teacup. If you don’t have an herbal teapot with an infuser, you should pour through a strainer to remove plant pieces. Add additional sugar to taste, if desired
ICED SWEET DOUBLE MINT TEA RECIPE
Note: If you would like to serve Iced Sweet Double Mint Tea, follow the instructions above through Step #4. After allowing the tea to cool for an additional 10 minutes, pour it into your desired pitcher. Place pitcher in fridge, and allow to cool for two hours. This tea is refreshing in summer months, especially if you put a lemon slice on the rim of the glass if desired.
SPEARMINT TEA RECIPE: CONCLUSION
I hope this post has helped you discover a Spearmint Tea Recipe that you end up following. Spearmint tea has a refreshing flavor that is hard to match. Spearmint mixes well with many herbal and traditional teas, which is why I included examples of both on this guide. Feel free to contact me with any questions. You may also post questions/comments at the bottom of this page. Any statements posted in the Comments section will be displayed to other readers, which can be extremely helpful.
Learn Where to Buy Spearmint Tea on my related post.
Spearmint Tea Recipe: Comments
Do you have a delicious Spearmint Tea Recipe? What are your favorite ingredients? Please share your personal recipes in the comments section below. Your experiences and feedback help improve the recipes mentioned above, and I really appreciate it!
HerbalTeaHour.com is an herbal tea community that truly values transparency and disclosures. We want to be very clear about one thing. In addition to being herbal tea enthusiasts, we do participate in the Amazon Affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.